Sunday, July 6, 2014

Life is too Short to Complain

First, I want to apologize because I have been busy learning how to code for a project. It has been an adventure teaching myself, but it has taken up a lot of my time. It is, quite admittedly, extremely challenging. I enjoy it. Anyway, I'll be posting the release date for my first book soon. I would like to finish the artwork for it before I actually set the release date. Stay tuned! I will have details available in the next few weeks!

Next, let's move on to what I'm going to touch on in this post - complaining and haughty behavior. I notice people on Facebook complaining about every little thing, such as the following:

I don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend. I don't have any friends. I'm just done with people. People are such haters. People are just jealous of me and what I have. Where are all the good men? I'm so lonely because I don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend. My car is broken down and I'm freaking out. I'm always broke. It seems like there isn't anyone left to date. Parents don't parent their children anymore. Women who have abortions are murderers. Why me? Why this or that.. 

*Sigh* I shake my head when I read a multitude of complaints on a daily basis. It's exhausting. I know - I've been there! I used to complain about everything. I was miserable. It only felt right to complain about how awful I felt.

Negativity attracts negativity. For example, if you shout to the world how miserable you are on a daily basis, then you attract other miserable people. In addition, you share negative energy with everyone you come across. It drains you of your energy. It is difficult to stop being negative once you start, however, only you can pull yourself out of that nasty cycle. Instead of complaining about why you are unhappy, speak positively about what makes you happy. Speaking and thinking positive thoughts can have an excellent impact on your life.

Don't even think about the fact that you are alone or don't have any friends. Stay busy with activities. Put yourself out there and become involved with your community. If you live and push forward instead of remaining still, you WILL meet people. Sure, it may take a while, but eventually it will happen. Be patient and have faith. See the potential of what you can do and go for it.

This part applies to meeting people and keeping friends as well - In the past(my ignorant/angry years), I was very negative and hateful about other people. I didn't like other people, but honestly, I just didn't like myself. I also boasted about everything, when really none of it mattered. I mean, people naturally enjoy showing everyone the things they are proud or happy to have, but then there are the people who talk about others "hating" them because they have so much.

Listen, I promise you that the majority of people could not care less. You are not that important in someone else's life that they need to "hate" on you and your possessions. There is a significant possibility that the problem is your attitude. People simply don't like those who are arrogant. Being humble goes a long way. Kindness and positivity gives you huge plus marks too! People gravitate towards pleasant personalities. Nobody likes a conceited jerk.

People seem to choose to complain about things instead of thinking outside of the box to find resolutions. Take ownership and be responsible for your actions. Are you always broke? Well, examine your spending habits, income level, and if you need to make adjustments or get another job - then do it.

Instead of: "Why me??"
Try: "What can I do?"

You are perfectly capable of doing something about your situation. Stop crying and do something about it. Figure out ways to remedy the situation and achieve your goals! Stop complaining. Having trouble figuring out what makes you happy? Check out my post: What Makes You Happy?

Furthermore, when it comes to the personal lives of other people - mind your own business. Worry about yourself(and your family if you have one). You are entitled to your opinion on things like abortion, but you have no right to push what you think should be done onto others. Or would you prefer they have the child in the woods, choke it out and dump it for someone to find the lifeless infant, that suffered a cruel death at the hands of someone who didn't want them?? Sounds bad, right? Well, it is and people will go to great lengths to get rid of things they really don't want. Unless you're adopting kids left and right, with the means to take care of them, then shut your mouth.

Stop shaming these women who are going through an extremely difficult situation to begin with. You should be ashamed if you are one of the people who make these women feel even worse. Are you going to adopt their baby and give it a good home? No? That's what I thought.

Oh, I have a marvelous idea! Teach others about sexual education and how to protect themselves against STDs and avoid pregnancies! Don't complain about someone wanting an abortion when they were left uneducated about sexual relations. Contraceptives, such as condoms and birth control pills, are excellent resources that should be utilized. Teaching young adults abstinence until they are prepared to be responsible for their actions is also an excellent idea, instead of making the idea seem taboo.

The more you push someone NOT to do something, the more they want to do it. At that point, it's an issue of control and not whether they want to actually do it. Many people want things they are told they can't have. Don't hide it. It's better to talk about the pros and cons of having sex. If they are armed with information and protection, you probably won't end up with a pregnant teenager. Be proactive, not reactive. It's good for everyone.

See, those are my thoughts on the matter, but I'm not going to scream until I am blue in the face trying to convince you otherwise. I have other stuff to focus on and don't have the time to sit in forums arguing with people in defense of my point of view. They're right there for you to read though. In other words, I leave people to live their life as they see fit. You should do the same.

Unless it is affecting your life on a personal level, leave the business of others for them(and nobody else - that means you!) to worry about. It must be extremely exhausting to constantly monitor what other people are doing. How do you focus on your life, if you are zoomed in on someone else's life?

Instead of meddling in the lives of others, focus your energy on living your life in a peaceful, positive manner. Spreading positivity is like throwing fuel on a small fire. It rapidly spreads everywhere. Start a fire of positivity. Smile and be kind to someone. Be kind to yourself! Take up meditation or yoga to find yourself again. Speak constructive thoughts.

I'm going to finish this off with these thoughts. Remember everyone occasionally falters or struggles. The important thing to think about is what you will do when you fall. Will you hide behind a wall of complaints or put on a brave smile, be positive and face the world? You are your biggest obstacle when it comes to being happy. The only person who can get past you - is you!

If you have any comments, ideas, or questions - leave them below!

Thanks for reading!

Many blessings,

~ Penelope ~




2 comments:

  1. Excitingly mature and insightful. We all go through challenges but learning from them gains wisdom. You have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the read and very true.

    ReplyDelete

Learning to Live in the Present

What I've learned in life is that when we feel that we have nothing to live for--living doesn't really matter.  For someone like ...