Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Be Empowered

What do you do when people try to break your spirit? For example, if you're overweight and you're working on losing the weight by eating healthy and exercising. Someone makes fun of you, for the fat that's jiggling, as you try your best to run down the road. Or, another example, you're a high school dropout, but you're back in school, working towards your GED because you would really like to make something of yourself. People, you know, make remarks about how you'll never make it because you're a loser.

Do you ignore them or believe there is something wrong with you and become embarrassed? Don't EVER be ashamed or embarrassed that you are taking care of your body and mind or are doing something to better your life. Protect your mind from those who wish to poison it. Why would they do that? Here's a little secret: their mind is already poisoned. Some people are hateful/rude/mean because they're jealous or miserable with their own lives. Those tend to be the main reasons behind it.

Don't give people the power to break your spirit. Only you control whether they have that power. You are in control. Believe you are in control. Assert your power over your mind, body, and your life.

On that thought, if you don't have something nice to say, you shouldn't say it. Not only that, fix your life and stop blaming others for the reason you are in your situation. You need to be able to depend on yourself. If someone is unable to help you in your time of need, find another way. It doesn't mean that they're not your friend. It doesn't mean they've stopped caring. Some people are barely able to help themselves. How can they help you if they're struggling? Don't spout garbage stating that you know who your "true" friends are because someone stepped up to help you in your time of need. Some people simply can't. Don't make someone feel bad because they can't help you. Learn to help yourself. Everyone is in a different situation. Don't dismiss their friendship because you needed something, yet they couldn't help. That's disrespectful and makes it seem like you only cherish your friendships based on what your friends can do for you. That's not a friendship.

You know, I have had a couple of encounters the past few days with people who do not agree with certain facts. Instead of arguing with them, even though I know that I'm correct, I bowed out and walked away from the conversation. I have no need for the arguments or the headache it gives me from banging my head against a brick wall of blatant ignorance. Believe what you wish, but it doesn't change scientific evidence or other supporting facts. Sure, it confuses me, but I'm not going to allow it to make me angry. I refuse to argue with people who choose to dispute solid evidence. It's my choice to ignore them. AND - it's an excellent choice!

My point? Ignore these people. Walk away from the arguments. It's not worth the stress or hassle. It takes time off of your life. Be empowered and take control. If you can walk away from an argument or a fight - that takes power. When you lose it on someone, they win. They win every single time. Wouldn't you rather be in control? What's stopping you? Take control. Protect your mind from the hate. Be kind. Don't associate with people who feed off of the poison. They just want to bring out the worst in everything they touch. Forget them and be the powerful you that you know you can be.

Be an inspiration for others and associate with those who bring out the best in you. I've always been told to hang out with a like-minded crowd. That's exactly what I've been doing. My friends, old and new, are amazing people. I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in the world. They inspire me to be better and to be kind. My children do too. They are my biggest inspiration yet.

Clean your mind of the garbage cluttering it. Protect it from negativity. Sure, we all have bad days or days when we feel down, but overall it shouldn't be like that. Be loving, kind, understanding, and forgiving. There isn't a single perfect person on this planet. Take control. Be empowered in all that you do.

Thanks for reading!

~ Penelope ~

I posted the picture below a while ago on Instagram, but I love the message.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to Live in the Present

What I've learned in life is that when we feel that we have nothing to live for--living doesn't really matter.  For someone like ...