Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Get to the Polls: Vote Florida

I, like many others, will be casting my vote in the Florida General Election today. I hope that you're going to get out and vote today. I want to add a few thoughts of mine. I'm not a fan of politicians for the simple fact that the majority of them don't actually care about the residents of this country. They're completely self-absorbed running after their personal agendas. Notice, I didn't say *all* of them. I said the *majority* of them.

It completely sickens me that the people behind these campaigns, including the candidates, choose to spend millions of dollars on ads that attack and tarnish the images of their opponent in an effort to gain more votes. The commercials are repulsive. Instead of putting that money towards something useful, they waste it trying to deceive the residents of Florida(and our nation).

Many politicians are gravely misinformed when it comes to climate change. This is something that irks me more than you would believe. How can ANY of you deny climate change? Have you seen the news about California lately? Have you seen the news about the polar ice melting or the rising temperatures in the sea? Do you deny the findings of accredited scientists? It floors me me that politicians are in denial. Either they're really that stupid (yes, you read that correctly - stupid) or they're pretending for the all-mighty buck. Your ignorance irritates me, but that's OK, I'll just keep moving forward.

It is baffling how some politicians are voted into office in the first place. I watched a show the other day portraying a list of candidates from around the nation. Not only were these candidates complete imbeciles, but their chances of being placed into office were extremely high. I don't have time to go over that list because I really want to get this out before I leave to go cast my vote.

Another thing that bothers me is the lack of transparency. Large corporations funnel money into each party to buy their cooperation. Let's face it, that's what they're doing. Familiar with King Ranch, Texas?? That's just one example of what our dirty, rotten politicians and large corporations try to keep  from the public. What's even funnier is that EVERYONE knows the truth! You're not fooling anyone. Keep thinking that you are, but we see right through your lies. Well, at least most of us do. Any of you who don't, really need to examine the facts.

This election is a struggle (for me) because neither of the two front-runners will be any good for our state. Rick Scott is an awful choice. If you haven't a clue as to what I'm talking about - Google is your friend. Look him up. Charlie Crist isn't a good choice either. They're both liars, except Rick Scott is worse. Again, look it up. I don't have the time to explain everything I spent hours scrutinizing. Adrian Wyllie is a much better alternative. I agree with the majority of the issues he is behind. I don't agree with everything, such as repealing common core. I don't see anything wrong with it, then again, my brain is wired differently than most. It encourages children to think critically. Critical thinking is a necessary and important skill for everyone, not just children. Moving on, there's also Farid Khavari and Glenn Burkett.

Obviously, there are others up for election/re-election. I'm not going to say anything on them either, except that Pam Bondi has to go. Do NOT vote for this woman! Why anyone would vote to keep her in office is beyond me!

The part of the election that is bothering me is that I don't want Crist OR Scott to win. I can't stand either of them. It kills me that I might have to vote for Crist to push Scott out of office. The election is so close in numbers though. A friend of mine stated that nobody is going to get what they want from this election. I agree with her, but it's sad that people don't educate themselves enough to see the other potential candidates that are right in front of them. Adrian Wyllie is a good solid candidate, even though I don't agree with everything he supports. Wyllie is who I want to give my vote, but I'm stuck because I don't want Scott in office for another term. Wyllie isn't going to win this time around. It's unfortunate that Crist and Scott are winning the majority of the votes. Neither of them deserve to be the governor of Florida.

One thing I do not agree with is that if you vote for a third-party candidate, then it is a wasted vote. Any vote is not a wasted vote. Do not let others bully you into believing that you have to vote for one of the two in the lead. It is your decision and yours alone. Educate yourself about the different candidates before you decide to vote. Don't base your decision on whether you "like" someone you have probably never met. SN: I met Wyllie last year at a function, unaware of who he was at the time. Base your decision on the facts and their past actions. Don't rely on your friends/family because most them have been misled.

Personally, I'll bite the bullet to push Rick Scott out. Then, if Adrian Wyllie plans on continuing, I'll gear up and volunteer to help out. We need better politicians that recognize that their job is to work in the best interest of the people and NOT in lining their wallet or going on extravagant trips. Your job is to serve the public. The majority of politicians seem to forget or overlook this very important fact. It's time that we, the public, start reminding them.

Now, I'm going to mull over the numbers once more and head out the door.

Thanks for reading!!!

~ Crystal ~







No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to Live in the Present

What I've learned in life is that when we feel that we have nothing to live for--living doesn't really matter.  For someone like ...