Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Review: Omega 8006 Juicer

Omega 8006 JuicerI finally bought a juicer. I purchased the Omega 8006 Juicer. I've been planning this for a while, but never really took the plunge. I picked this one up from Bed Bath & Beyond. It was $299.00 before a 20% in-store coupon. I saved $60.00. I'm extremely pleased with my purchase because I rarely manage to snag coupons. However, you can get it for much less on Amazon without the coupon!! You can find the link at the end, after you've taken a moment and checked out my awesome review of this amazing masticating juicer!

Organic gala apples
I pulled it out this morning, read the instructions, washed the parts, and put it together. It took a couple of minutes to assemble. There wasn't anything difficult about the assembly process. The instructions are extremely specific with pictures. You can do it. I believe in you.

I moved on to peeling and slicing up some organic gala apples for juicing. I rinsed them before I juiced them. I chose apples for my first experiment because I figured that the apples would be easy to start with. I cut them into eighths, slicing out the core of four apples. I wasn't concerned with the little bruises here and there. The apples were about to be crushed to oblivion anyway.








I placed the slices into the feed chute and used the plunger to push them into the drum. The auger spun and crushed the apple slices without any issues.
I found that by slicing them into eighths, they easily fit into the chute. I read some reviews by other people stating they had issues getting the vegetables or fruit down the chute, but if you slice them into manageable pieces, then you won't have any problems. It's simply common sense.



The pulp coming out of the juicer was not completely dry or even close to being dry. It was definitely more than slightly damp. Maybe I could have put the pulp back through to see if it could be juiced anymore, but I'll have to try that next time.








Even the juice that came out was filled with lots of pulp and foam. I used the sieve to strain it. I am not as bothered by the pulp as I am the foam. I don't like foam. Either way, there was a lot of pulp in the juice.









Well, I'm extremely excited and in love with this juicer. It's not tall at all. It fits underneath the counters. It took about 10 minutes to clean. I washed the parts in warm soapy water. It states that you can put it in the dishwasher, but I'm not putting it in the dishwasher. The juice that came out was sweet, but definitely not as sugary as commercial juices. They claim to not contain any sugar, but they do. Furthermore, they don't taste nearly as good as the juice I made this morning. They're not nearly as healthy either.

Here's that link I promised you:



Now, the fun starts. I've made a list and I'm ready to explore the adventures of juicing. I've been feeling kind of sluggish lately, so I think this is just the thing to kick-start and flush my system of toxins. Thanks for reading!




Do you have any recipes that you would like to share? 


Happy Juicing!

~ Penelope ~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning to Live in the Present

What I've learned in life is that when we feel that we have nothing to live for--living doesn't really matter.  For someone like ...